I'm a Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in the School of Computing Science at the University of Glasgow. My research interests are real-time networked multimedia, next-generation Internet routing, and the use of high-level languages for low-level network protocol implementations. I'm heavily involved in standards development relating to the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) and other networked multimedia transport protocols in the IETF. I co-chair the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques working group, and previously co-chaired the Audio/Video Transport and Multiparty Multimedia Session Control working groups.
I received my BEng in Electronic Engineering in 1992, and my DPhil in 1996, both from the Department of Electronics at the University of York. I'm a fellow of the Higher Education Academy, a senior member of the IEEE, and a member of the ACM and IET.
- 12 April 2018 photos Photos: Reviewing
- 10 April 2018 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-07
- 28 March 2018 photos Photos: In Flight
- 27 March 2018 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-ietf-taps-transport-security-00
- 22 March 2018 research RTCP Packet Format for Congestion Control Feedback at IETF 101
- 22 March 2018 standards Presentation at IETF 101: The Impact of Transport Header Encryption on Operation and Evolution of the Internet
- 22 March 2018 standards Presentation at IETF 101: RTCP Feedback for Congestion Control (AVTCORE)
- 21 March 2018 research Post Sockets at IETF 101 - Presentations
- 21 March 2018 standards Presentation at IETF 101: RTCP Feedback for Congestion Control (RMCAT)
- 21 March 2018 standards Presentation at IETF 101: A Survey of Transport Security Protocols
- ... ... Older news...