My research has focussed on real-time networked multimedia, congestion control for multimedia systems, next-generation Internet routing, and on the use of high-level languages for low-level protocol implementation. I favour systems research, often done in collaboration with industry, demonstrating feasibility through prototype implementations where possible, and driving results into the standards process to encourage broad deployment.
I'm grateful for support from the UK EPSRC, the European Commission, the US National Science Foundation, DARPA, SICSA, Cisco, Ericsson, and others, for funding my students and other research activities.
- 5 December 2019 research Research service: TPC member for IEEE Global Internet Symposium 2020
- 3 December 2019 research PhD studentships in Glasgow CS
- 26 November 2019 research Research service: TPC member for International Teletraffic Congress 2020
- 17 November 2019 research Improving protocol standards at IETF 106
- 3 November 2019 research Call for Nominations: Applied Networking Research Prize 2020
- 18 October 2019 research Postdoc position available - Streamlining Social Decision Making for Improved Internet Standards
- 2 October 2019 research New research student: Vivian Band
- 1 October 2019 research EPSRC Engineering for a Prosperous Nation Workshop
- 20 September 2019 research Scottish Networking Event (SCONE) #22 - Call for Participation
- 21 August 2019 research Completed PhD student: Stephen McQuistin
- Adaptive Internet TV
- Congestion Control
- Calls for Papers
- Digital Amphitheatre
- Explicit Congestion Notification for RTP
- Message Bus
- Post Sockets
- Improving Protocol Standards
- QUIC Transport Protocol
- Robust Audio Tool
- Media Transport for WebRTC
- Scottish Networking Event
- TCP Hollywood
- TPC member, International Teletraffic Congress, Osaka, Japan, September 2020.
- TPC member, IEEE ICC Next Generation Networking and Internet Symposium, Dublin, Ireland, June 2020.
- TPC member, IFIP Networking Conference, Paris, France, June 2020.
- TPC member, IEEE Global Internet Symposium, Taipei, Taiwan, April 2020.
- TPC member, ACM SIGCOMM 2019 workshop on Evolution, Performance, and Interoperability of QUIC (EPIQ), Beijing, China, August 2019.
- Complete list...