My research has focussed on real-time networked multimedia, congestion control for multimedia systems, next-generation Internet routing, and on the use of high-level languages for low-level protocol implementation. I favour systems research, often done in collaboration with industry, demonstrating feasibility through prototype implementations where possible, and driving results into the standards process to encourage broad deployment.
I'm grateful for support from the UK EPSRC, the European Commission, the US National Science Foundation, DARPA, SICSA, Cisco, Ericsson, and others, for funding my students and other research activities.
- Adaptive Internet TV
- Congestion Control
- Calls for Papers
- Digital Amphitheatre
- Explicit Congestion Notification for RTP
- Message Bus
- Post Sockets
- QUIC Transport Protocol
- Robust Audio Tool
- Media Transport for WebRTC
- Scottish Networking Event
- TCP Hollywood
- TPC member, International Teletraffic Congress, Vienna, Austria, September 2018.
- TPC member, ACM Multimedia Systems Conference Special Session on Human-centric Internet and Multimedia Systems, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, June 2018.
- TPC member, IEEE ICC Next Generation Networking and Internet Symposium, Kansas City, MO, USA, May 2018.
- TPC member, IFIP Networking Conference, Zürich, Switzerland, May 2018.
- TPC member, IEEE/IFIP International Workshop on Decentralized Orchestration and Management of Distributed Heterogeneous Things (DOMINOS), Taipei, Taiwan, April 2018.
- Complete list...