My research has focussed on real-time networked multimedia, congestion control for multimedia systems, next-generation Internet routing, and on the use of high-level languages for low-level protocol implementation. I favour systems research, often done in collaboration with industry, demonstrating feasibility through prototype implementations where possible, and driving results into the standards process to encourage broad deployment.
I'm grateful for support from the UK EPSRC, the European Commission, the US National Science Foundation, DARPA, SICSA, Cisco, Ericsson, and others, for funding my students and other research activities.
- Adaptive Internet TV
- Congestion Control
- Calls for Papers
- Digital Amphitheatre
- Explicit Congestion Notification for RTP
- Message Bus
- Robust Audio Tool
- Reception Quality Matrix
- Media Transport for WebRTC
- Scottish Networking Event
- TCP Hollywood
- TPC member and steering committee member, ACM, IRTF, and ISOC Applied Networking Research Workshop, Prague, Czech Republic, July 2017.
- TPC member, IFIP Networking Workshop on Future of Internet Transport, Stockholm, Sweden, June 2017.
- TPC member, IEEE ICC Next Generation Networking and Internet Symposium, Paris, France, May 2017.
- TPC member, IEEE Global Internet Symposium, Atlanta, GA, USA, May 2017.
- TPC member, IEEE Infocom, Atlanta, GA, USA, May 2017.
- Complete list...