I'm a Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in the School of Computing Science at the University of Glasgow. My research interests are real-time networked multimedia, next-generation Internet routing, and the use of high-level languages for low-level network protocol implementations. I'm heavily involved in standards development relating to the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) and other networked multimedia transport protocols in the IETF. I co-chair the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques working group, and previously co-chaired the Audio/Video Transport and Multiparty Multimedia Session Control working groups.
I received my BEng in Electronic Engineering in 1992, and my DPhil in 1996, both from the Department of Electronics at the University of York. I'm a fellow of the Higher Education Academy, a senior member of the IEEE, and a member of the ACM and IET.
- 14 October 2017 photos Photos: Rally for Europe: #ThinkAgain
- 10 October 2017 research Research service: TPC member for ACM Multimedia Systems Conference Special Session on Human-centric Internet and Multimedia Systems 2018
- 8 October 2017 photos Photos: Eternal
- 7 October 2017 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-24
- 04 October 2017 research Research service: Selection committee member for IRTF Applied Networking Research Prize 2018
- 27 September 2017 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-04
- 16 September 2017 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-23
- 8 September 2017 research Updated Post Sockets draft submitted to IETF
- 8 September 2017 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-trammell-taps-post-sockets-01
- 6 September 2017 research FRμIT project meeting #2: Loughborough
- ... ... Older news...