I'm a Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in the School of Computing Science at the University of Glasgow. My research interests are real-time networked multimedia, next-generation Internet routing, and the use of high-level languages for low-level network protocol implementations. I'm heavily involved in standards development relating to the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) and other networked multimedia transport protocols in the IETF. I co-chair the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques working group, and was previously co-chaired the Audio/Video Transport and Multiparty Multimedia Session Control working groups.
I received my BEng in Electronic Engineering in 1992, and my DPhil in 1996, both from the Department of Electronics at the University of York. I'm a fellow of the Higher Education Academy, a senior member of the IEEE, and a member of the ACM and IET.
- 12 January 2017 research Scottish Networking Event (SCONE) #17
- 22 November 2016 research Carnegie Trust PhD Scholarships
- 21 November 2016 research Postdoc position available - FRμIT project
- 21 November 2016 research Introducing the FRμIT project
- 19 November 2016 photos Photos: Gyeongbokgung Palace, Seoul - IETF 97
- 17 November 2016 standards Presentation at IETF 97: RTCP Feedback for Congestion Control (AVTEXT)
- ... ... Older news...