I'm a Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in the School of Computing Science at the University of Glasgow. My research interests are real-time networked multimedia, next-generation Internet routing, and the use of high-level languages for low-level network protocol implementations. I'm heavily involved in standards development relating to the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) and other networked multimedia transport protocols in the IETF. I co-chair the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques working group, and was previously co-chaired the Audio/Video Transport and Multiparty Multimedia Session Control working groups.
I received my BEng in Electronic Engineering in 1992, and my DPhil in 1996, both from the Department of Electronics at the University of York. I'm a fellow of the Higher Education Academy, a senior member of the IEEE, and a member of the ACM and IET.
- 26 April 2017 research Scottish Networking Event (SCONE) #18
- 20 April 2017 research PICYCLE - Recycle Your Raspberry Pi
- 18 April 2017 research Welcome to Herry - postdoc on the FRμIT project
- 15 April 2017 photos Photos: Retinette II B
- 7 April 2017 photos Photos: White Rose Noir
- 28 March 2017 standards Presentation at IETF 98: Post Sockets: An Abstract Programming Interface for the Transport Layer
- 26 March 2017 photos Photos: Glasgow Sunset
- 8 March 2017 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-trammell-taps-post-sockets-00
- 7 March 2017 publications New publication: Sending Multiple RTP Streams in a Single RTP Session
- 7 March 2017 publications New publication: Multimedia Congestion Control: Circuit Breakers for Unicast RTP Sessions
- ... ... Older news...