I'm a Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in the School of Computing Science at the University of Glasgow. My research interests are real-time networked multimedia, next-generation Internet routing, and the use of high-level languages for low-level network protocol implementations. I'm heavily involved in standards development relating to the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) and other networked multimedia transport protocols in the IETF. I co-chair the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques working group, and was previously co-chaired the Audio/Video Transport and Multiparty Multimedia Session Control working groups.
I received my BEng in Electronic Engineering in 1992, and my DPhil in 1996, both from the Department of Electronics at the University of York. I'm a fellow of the Higher Education Academy, a senior member of the IEEE, and a member of the ACM and IET.
- 15 May 2017 research Research service: TPC member for IEEE ICC Next Generation Networking and Internet Symposium 2018
- 2 May 2017 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-dt-rmcat-feedback-message-02
- 1 May 2017 research Animations of the Growth of the Internet
- 27 April 2017 standards Presentation at IETF 99: RMCAT virtual interim meeting agenda (April 2017)
- 26 April 2017 research Scottish Networking Event (SCONE) #18
- 26 April 2017 photos Photos: SCONE #18 - St Andrews
- 26 April 2017 photos Photos: Dawn flight
- 25 April 2017 standards Workshop on Decision Making in Internet Standards
- 24 April 2017 photos Photos: Parlamentarium
- 20 April 2017 research PICYCLE - Recycle Your Raspberry Pi
- ... ... Older news...