I'm a Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in the School of Computing Science at the University of Glasgow. My research interests are real-time networked multimedia, next-generation Internet routing, and the use of high-level languages for low-level network protocol implementations. I'm heavily involved in standards development relating to the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) and other networked multimedia transport protocols in the IETF. I co-chair the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques working group, and previously co-chaired the Audio/Video Transport and Multiparty Multimedia Session Control working groups.
I received my BEng in Electronic Engineering in 1992, and my DPhil in 1996, both from the Department of Electronics at the University of York. I'm a fellow of the Higher Education Academy, a senior member of the IEEE, and a member of the ACM and IET.
- 22 February 2018 research CFP: ACM, IRTF & ISOC Applied Networking Research Workshop 2018
- 21 February 2018 research Scottish Networking Event (SCONE) #19
- 19 February 2018 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-25
- 9 February 2018 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-06
- 03 February 2018 photos Photos: Cambridge
- 30 January 2018 research Post Sockets and the IETF Transport Services API
- 26 January 2018 research Peer to Peer Secure Update for Heterogeneous Edge Devices
- 22 January 2018 publications New publication: Peer to Peer Secure Update for Heterogeneous Edge Devices (Extended Abstract)
- 21 January 2018 photos Photos: Snow on the Forth and Clyde
- 17 January 2018 photos Photos: Memorial to the Engineers of the RMS Titanic
- ... ... Older news...