I'm a Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in the School of Computing Science at the University of Glasgow. My research interests are real-time networked multimedia, next-generation Internet routing, and the use of high-level languages for low-level network protocol implementations. I'm heavily involved in standards development relating to the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) and other networked multimedia transport protocols in the IETF. I co-chair the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques working group, and previously co-chaired the Audio/Video Transport and Multiparty Multimedia Session Control working groups.
I received my BEng in Electronic Engineering in 1992, and my DPhil in 1996, both from the Department of Electronics at the University of York. I'm a fellow of the Higher Education Academy, a senior member of the IEEE, and a member of the ACM and IET.
- 21 January 2018 photos Photos: Snow on the Forth and Clyde
- 17 January 2018 photos Photos: Memorial to the Engineers of the RMS Titanic
- 16 January 2018 research FRμIT project meeting #3: Southampton
- 19 December 2017 research Post Sockets at IETF 100
- 19 December 2017 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-05
- 18 December 2017 research What is the Impact of Encrypting Transport-layer Protocol Headers?
- 17 December 2017 photos Photos: Vincent in Winter
- 02 December 2017 photos Photos: Singapore - IETF 100
- 23 November 2017 research QUIC Multiplexing, Peer-to-Peer, and WebRTC
- 22 November 2017 research Research service: TPC member for International Teletraffic Congress 2018
- ... ... Older news...