I'm a Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in the School of Computing Science at the University of Glasgow. My research interests are real-time networked multimedia, next-generation Internet routing, and the use of high-level languages for low-level network protocol implementations. I'm heavily involved in standards development relating to the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) and other networked multimedia transport protocols in the IETF. I co-chair the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques working group, and was previously co-chaired the Audio/Video Transport and Multiparty Multimedia Session Control working groups.
I received my BEng in Electronic Engineering in 1992, and my DPhil in 1996, both from the Department of Electronics at the University of York. I'm a fellow of the Higher Education Academy, a senior member of the IEEE, and a member of the ACM and IET.
- 24 June 2017 research IRTF Applied Networking Research Workshop 2017 - Student Travel Grants
- 22 June 2017 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-20
- 17 June 2017 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-19
- 12 June 2017 research Post Sockets at the IFIP Workshop on the Future of Internet Transport
- 12 June 2017 publications New publication: Raising the Datagram API to Support Transport Protocol Evolution
- 12 June 2017 publications New publication: Post Sockets: Towards an Evolvable Network Transport Interface
- 11 June 2017 photos Photos: Stockholm - IFIP Networking 2017
- 5 June 2017 research Welcome to Emily Band - summer intern on the FRμIT project
- 15 May 2017 research Research service: TPC member for IEEE ICC Next Generation Networking and Internet Symposium 2018
- 2 May 2017 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-dt-rmcat-feedback-message-02
- ... ... Older news...