I'm a Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in the School of Computing Science at the University of Glasgow. My research interests are real-time networked multimedia, next-generation Internet routing, and the use of high-level languages for low-level network protocol implementations. I'm heavily involved in standards development relating to the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) and other networked multimedia transport protocols in the IETF. I co-chair the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques working group, and previously co-chaired the Audio/Video Transport and Multiparty Multimedia Session Control working groups.
I received my BEng in Electronic Engineering in 1992, and my DPhil in 1996, both from the Department of Electronics at the University of York. I'm a fellow of the Higher Education Academy, a senior member of the IEEE, and a member of the ACM and IET.
- 16 September 2017 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-23
- 8 September 2017 research Updated Post Sockets draft submitted to IETF
- 8 September 2017 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-trammell-taps-post-sockets-01
- 6 September 2017 research FRμIT project meeting #2: Loughborough
- 1 September 2017 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-rtpfolks-quic-rtp-over-quic-01
- 7 August 2017 research Research service: TPC member for IFIP Networking Conference 2018
- 23 July 2017 photos Photos: Prague - IETF 99
- 21 July 2017 standards Presentation at IETF 99: RTCP Feedback for Congestion Control
- 19 July 2017 standards Presentation at IETF 99: Congestion Feedback in RTCP
- 19 July 2017 standards Presentation at IETF 99: RMCAT Agenda and Status Update
- ... ... Older news...