I'm a Senior Lecturer in the School of Computing Science at the University of Glasgow. My research interests are real-time networked multimedia, next-generation Internet routing, and the use of high-level languages for low-level network protocol implementations. I'm heavily involved in standards development relating to the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) and other networked multimedia transport protocols in the IETF, where I was previously chair of the Audio/Video Transport and Multiparty Multimedia Session Control working groups. I received my BEng in Electronic Engineering in 1992, and my DPhil in 1996, both from the Department of Electronics at the University of York. I'm a fellow of the Higher Education Academy, a senior member of the IEEE, and a member of the ACM and IET.
- 25 June 2016 Photos: Somewhere, Somehow
- 22 June 2016 Submitted internet-draft: draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-17
- 13 June 2016 Submitted internet-draft: draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-circuit-breakers-16
- 12 June 2016 Explicit Congestion Notification and the RTP circuit breaker
- 5 June 2016 Photos: The Meeting Place
- 21 May 2016 Photos: Vienna - IFIP Networking 2016
- — (older news)