I'm a Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in the School of Computing Science at the University of Glasgow. My research interests are real-time networked multimedia, next-generation Internet routing, and the use of high-level languages for low-level network protocol implementations. I'm heavily involved in standards development relating to the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) and other networked multimedia transport protocols in the IETF. I co-chair the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques working group, and previously co-chaired the Audio/Video Transport and Multiparty Multimedia Session Control working groups.
I received my BEng in Electronic Engineering in 1992, and my DPhil in 1996, both from the Department of Electronics at the University of York. I'm a fellow of the Higher Education Academy, a senior member of the IEEE, and a member of the ACM and IET.
- 13 March 2018 research Post Sockets at IETF 101
- 13 March 2018 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-trammell-taps-interface-00
- 13 March 2018 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-brunstrom-taps-impl-00
- 13 March 2018 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-pauly-taps-arch-00
- 10 March 2018 photos Photos: Red Bull Neptune Steps
- 5 March 2018 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-pauly-taps-transport-security-02
- 5 March 2018 standards Submitted internet-draft: draft-ietf-avtcore-cc-feedback-message-01
- 1 March 2018 photos Photos: Snow in Glasgow
- 28 February 2018 research Postdoc position available - Improving Protocol Standards for a more Trustworthy Internet
- 27 February 2018 research Improving Protocol Standards for a more Trustworthy Internet
- ... ... Older news...